What to Expect in Kidzlife Ministry!
“Where kids live and grow strong in body and wise in spirit.”
“And the Child grew strong in body and wise in spirit. And the grace of God was on him” Luke 2:40
Jesus was a child and grew the same as children grow today. Jesus increased in wisdom and stature and in favor with God and men. From the day Jesus was born, there was a call on His life and as He grew He discovered his purpose. At the age of twelve, Jesus’ knowledge of the scriptures astounded the high priests and at 30, He was able to walk in self-control and make wise choices. When baptized by John, He had earned the right to hear the words, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”
We believe, that just like Jesus, every child is special and has a purpose. Children need to grow up in an environment where they can discover what that purpose is and learn how to walk in wisdom and self-control so they can fulfill it. Our desire is to provide a place that assists families in raising their children to be like Jesus, confident in whom they are and able to make wise choices that will bring them favor in their life.
Kidzlife provides ministry to children during all regular services at Christian Life Center South Bend (CLCSB) and is divided into the following two (2) age groups.
Learning How to Grow
In Kidzlife Jr, we minister to children ages newborn to Kindergarten. Kidzlife Jr provides a warm environment with lots of bubbles, music, hugs, and smiles. Our goal is to create an environment in which they can discover what God made for them, how much He loves them, and that He has something special planned for them. During this time, we want them to get to know God. As children learn and grow in Kidzlife Jr we focus on teaching them three basic truths repeatedly:
- God made me
- God loves me
- Jesus wants to be my friend
In Kidzlife, we minister to 1st through 5th Grades.
- This is an ideal age to teach children about salvation.
- They are also sensitive to the Holy Spirit’s promptings.
- Our goal is to lay the foundation to help them understand what it means to “walk with God and to be like Jesus.”
- During this time, we want them to begin to build a life-long friendship and relationship with God.
- “Applying what we know and letting His light show”
In Kidzlife we focus on teaching three basic truths repeatedly:
- I can trust God no matter what
- I need to treat others the way I want to be treated
- I need to make the wise choice