CHURCH SERVICE UPDATE!
July 27, 2020
We pray that all is well with you and your family. We want to make each of you aware of the Indiana ordinance that goes into effect today mandating face coverings inside of public facilities.
Since many of our leaders and volunteers stay for both of our present service times, we understand that a face covering becomes difficult to wear for such an extended period of time. For this reason, and the fact that we have been able to implement several safety measures for our congregation, we believe it is both safe and needful for us to return to one Sunday morning service beginning this Sunday August 2nd. This service will be at our original time of 10am. Online service will also continue to be provided on Sundays at 10am.
While the ordinance mandates wearing a face covering inside of public facilities, it provides an exemption for “any person attending or engaged in a religious service as he or she must already maintain six feet of social distancing from another person not in the same household” (4o).
In practical terms, what this means for our congregation during services is that when greeting other attendees or moving anywhere throughout the building, everyone must wear a face covering. However, once you are positioned at your seat (sitting or standing) and you are socially distanced by 6 feet from anyone that is not a member of your household, you are exempt from having wear a face covering.
Thankfully, we have now had nearly two months practicing social distance guidelines. Also, our new Sanctuary Hosts will continue to be available to guide people to where appropriate seating is available and remind congregants to wear masks when needed. Masks will be provided for those who do not have one.
We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding as we do our best to comply with our governing authorities. We pray that your church experience will continue to be enjoyable and edifying. Thanks again for your patience. We hope you enjoy this Sunday’s service in person or online.
Pastors Doug & Shanna
*You may view the executive order by clicking here. >> Executive_Order_20-37_Face_Covering_Requirement
Greetings CLC family and friends! We are grateful for the opportunity to continue to worship from our various home locations however this announcement is about the continuation of our reopening. We moved ahead and reopened on 6/14/2020. Please know that we are continuing to seek the Lord for His wisdom for every decision.
We will remain attentive to our local authority here in South Bend & State of Indiana and follow their instructions and notify you of any changes weekly. While we trust God is greater than COVID-19 and any other virus, we will continue to walk in wisdom while submitting to the authority He has placed over us. We will practice and adhere to all the guidelines that have been set forth by our authorities. We also have these guidelines posted within the building.
We understand that everyone will not be able to attend all at once and we ask that you please take your time and use wisdom in doing what is best for you and your family. If you or a member of your household is unwell we ask that you take precautionary measures and participate in our services online.
We will continue with online services every Sunday at 10am Eastern as well as our:
- Zoom Bible Studies
- Midweek devotions for families
- M-F Prayer line call @ 6pm Eastern
*We expect to see more growth and life-giving opportunities increase this summer either virtually or in person.
Here’s some of “What You Can Expect“:
- To minimize and manage the crowds we have TWO options for Sunday service 9AM and 11:15AM.
- We aim for each service to be an hour and a half at the most to give us time to sanitize all areas in between the two services.
- Every other pew is roped off for distancing.
- Children and Students will worship with their families together in the sanctuary.
- Sanitation Stations with mask and gloves will be available at every door entry and exit.
- We are requesting that people refrain from hugging and physical touch to model safety for our children and younger audiences.
- In order to maintain proper sanitation in every area where people are gathered, there will be limited access throughout the building.
- We offer bottled water instead of our water filters for less handling of equipment.
- And lastly, you can expect the presence of God!
CLC’s Continual Sanitation Guidelines:
1. Cleaning – The building has been professionally deep cleaned. Further maintenance cleanings take place bi-weekly.
2. Pure Air Indiana – a two-part process of PureKill and pureguard. A combination of NON-TOXIC solutions that disinfect, an electrostatic process which will wrap any and all items in our areas (EPA approved & 100% safe) as well as providing a protective barrier against the return of any germs, bacteria, infections, organisms/diseases, mold or mildew. It offers a 90 day antimicrobial barrier on all surfaces treated both porous and non-porous. We will continue to have this done every 90 days. (our sanitations before, after and in between services cannot wipe away the PureKill and pureguard product and protection.)
3. All people-serving teams will have on masks while they are serving you, helping you into the building and to your seat.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us @ email@example.com and Monday – Thursday @ 574.272.5683.